How to String a Bow
Hook the bottom of the loop of the string around the bottom of the bow.
Make sure the string is the right way up. The shorter finger guard should be on top.
Hold the bow in front of you and step through the bow and the string.
Place the bow securely between the back of your thigh and your shin.
Bring the limb of the bow toward the end of the string.
Turn your torso to help your arms with bending the bow.
FOR DACRON STRINGS
Give the string about 10-12 twists before hooking on the bow.
Check each end of the bow is seated correctly and securely.
Basic Bow Maintenance
- NEVER dry fire your bow
- Unstring your bow when not using
- Avoid exposing the bow to extreme temperatures
- Adjust the finger guards before shooting
- Inspect the string for any frays*
- Wax your bowstring regularly to protect it*
*for Dacron strings